From December 2009 through the spring of 2010 I'll be traveling by
motorcycle from Boulder, Colorado through Mexico, Central America and South
America.


The purpose of this trip is simple- to live in the moment, enjoy life, see the world, make some great memories and maybe learn a thing or two along the way.


Saturday, April 10, 2010

3-30-10 Gangster camping near Barrancas, Argentina

So, we DID manage to get out of that dinky little town last night where there was no gas. I went and asked everyone I could find, everyone, if they had any gas, er 'nafta' (not sure if that has any relation to north american free...?) So, finally saw a little moto shop in town. The guy sold us 20 liters of racing fuel, 103 octane I believe, which wasn't much more expensive than normal nafta. It was enough to get us out of town and down the road.
After an hour on the road it was getting hot and we were next to a huge river so we decided to go for a dip. Oh so nice! We stripped down and waded out into the river. It took a lot of willpower to fall backwards into the glacial melt but felt great once we got used to it. We dried off on some rocks and gave our cheeks some color as well.
We found some little spot south of Barrancas, just off the highway. We rounded up some sticks and made a little fire and cooked 10 hotdogs on a flat rock which provided some gritty sand for flavor. We watched The Gate Keeper on my laptop which I placed on my aluminum top box which doubled as a superb entertainment center for the night.

We apparently were in some ant preserve of sorts, they were everywhere! They kept to themselves for the most part though I did awake with a bleeding bite on my forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment